Girls’ Weekend Trip: Martha’s Vineyard
This summer, bloggers Carly Hill, Katie Manwaring, Sydney Carver, and Kendall Kremer set off to Martha’s Vineyard in New England for a relaxing girls’ weekend. They brought with them a little Southern flair thanks to a suitcase full of Draper James goodies. “We knew our favorite Draper James pieces would fit right in with the bright colors and classic style of the island,” said Carly. Here they share some pics from their weekend as well as their list of must-see, -eat, and -do suggestions.
Where to eat:
- Alchemy – Make sure get there in time to see the sunset, then order fried oysters and a blackberry bramble cocktail. Heaven.
- The Seafood Shanty – It’s not a trip to the island without lots and lots of lobster rolls!
- Behind The Bookstore – Grab an iced mint latte here before you head out on a morning walk.
- Scoop Shack– We all scream for ice cream especially when it’s from the Scoop Shack! We suggest treating yourself here several times a day.
- 20byNine – Girls’ trips should always involve indulgent cheese boards, which are incredible here, but also try their amazing tapas and cocktails.
What to do:
- Head to Edgartown to see the stunning homes and the iconic lighthouse. While there, check out the cute boutiques and eat at one of the local spots.
- Stay at: Summercamp Hotel in Oak Bluffs. We love how fun and colorful this adorable boutique hotel is, and it’s located right next to the marina, which makes it convenient to walk to dinner, shopping, and exploring.
- Take a long drive around the water: Rent a jeep, put the roof down, and enjoy the fresh ocean breeze while you explore the island.
- Visit the Gingerbread Cottages: The homes in Oak Bluffs are known as the Gingerbread Cottages because of their adorable bright colors and detailed designs. One of our favorite mornings was walking around with our coffee and seeing all the sweet colorful homes.
Photos by Mila Lowe