November 28, 2018 • DJ AT HOME, FOOD, HOLIDAYS
The Lush List Hosts a Holiday Tea
This holiday season, we teamed up with our friend Alicia of The Lush List who showed us how to throw the perfect holiday tea. See below how Alicia incorporated the Draper James x Crate and Barrel collection and get the recipes she prepared for her friends!
Alicia made Pomegranate Chicken Salad Bites for a savory treat. Don’t they look festive and delicious?!
Pomegranate Chicken Salad Bites
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1⁄2″ cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 loaf of bread
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon chicken salad on to pre-cut bread.
- Top with pomegranate arils and chopped green onion.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
For Alicia, coconut macaroons are a longtime favorite family recipe. To give them a festive holiday twist, she dipped them in milk chocolate and crushed peppermint.
Chocolate Peppermint Coconut Macaroons
- 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 extra large egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz melting milk chocolate
- Crushed Peppermint sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until you have medium-firm peaks.
- Gently fold egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper with either a 1¾-inch diameter cookie or ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- While macaroons are cooling, melt 10 oz of melting milk chocolate.
- Dip 1/2 of the macaroon in the chocolate and place on waxed paper.
- Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
Photos by Mary Hafner