The Local Vegan’s Eat Your Heart Out Vegan Queso [Recipe & Video]
Bailey Rae of The Local Vegan proves that even when it comes to tailgating, a veggie-based menu is pretty darn delicious. See below for her recipe and video for Eat Your Heart Out Vegan Queso—a dip, she says, with “not one ounce of dairy, but with a taste that’s just as creamy as the original.”
Click here for more on Bailey’s game-day menu.
Ingredients for Eat Your Heart Out Vegan Queso
- 1 cup raw cashews, boiled for 15 minutes
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, chopped, and steamed until soft
- 1.5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies, drained
Place all ingredients, except the tomatoes and green chilies, in a high-speed blender. Blend until silky smooth. Pour the sauce into a medium-size saucepan. Stir in the tomatoes and green chilies and heat over low heat until heated through. Serve hot.