March 4, 2016 • STYLEMAKER SEVEN
Stylemaker Seven: Waiting on Martha
While she was at it, she answered our Stylemaker Seven questions for us. (Mandy may have moved to the South only five years ago when she relocated from Chicago to Atlanta, but her answers sure read like those of a native.)
Mandy Kellogg Rye’s Stylemaker Seven
- Home-Cooked Dish: Any casserole (like any casserole), root vegetable pot pie, deviled eggs, and pimento cheese sandwiches, preferably during the Masters at Augusta National. I’m sorry, did you want just one?
- Dessert: Warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.
- #Southernism: “You’re the bee’s knees.”
- Getaway: Sea Island, GA.
- Entertaining Essential: Copious amounts of booze and a great punch bowl.
- Go-To Hostess Gift: Flowers and/or monogrammed cocktail napkins.
- Highlight of the State Fair: The food, always. The deeper fried, the better.